Common Conditions Of The Thumb
Rate: N/A 5 0
Please sign in to rate material
Author presents injury conditions of the thumb. Many different conditions can affect the normal function of the thumb. It is important to recognize the most common conditions so appropriate treatment can be given. Conditions are explained as follows: stenosing tenosynovitis (trigged thumb, that happens when patient tries to straighten the thumb), extensor pollicis longus tendon rupture (that typically occurs due to distal radius fracture), entrapment of the posterior interosseous branch of the radial nerve, patient unable to do the OK sign (typically there will be weakness of the flexor pollicis longus), injury to the ulnar nerve, rheumatoid arthritis of the thumb. The video contains a brief explanation of each condition.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dir. of the Teaching & Learning Resource Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Are you Health Professional?
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+15.000), photos, documents, e-courses
- Connect with peers - over 100.000 Healthcare Professionals from 180 countries
- Easy upload and share your own videos, photos, documents
- Create your professional profile and build personal recognition
- Stay up-to-date on innovative techniques, new treatments, guidelines, recent discoveries in your field of interest; regular notifications in your mailbox
This video is limited to doctors and other health professionals. Please visit other unrestricted part of MEDtube.