This is a test that is useful for viewing the surface of the cervix, the lower part of the duct of the organ as well the vagina and vulva. Is used an optical endoscope called colposcope. The test is noninvasive, quick as well painless. They can be performed safely in pregnant women as well the elderly.
Execution of the procedure
The vaginal speculum introduced extension, which allows access to the cervix. Viewing the cervix with colposcope. The resulting image is three-dimensional, the magnification is 50x. You can also use colpomicroscope to increase magnification to 400x. Observation should be performed three times:
1. Before removing the vaginal fluid.
2. After washing with 0.9% NaCl.
3. After washing with 3% acetic acid or 5% lactic acid solution.
Preparation for the test
1. Sexual abstinence for several days.
2. Not undergo gynecological examination and vaginal irrigation.
3. Observation of the menstrual cycle (the test is contraindicated during active bleeding).
4. Collecting detailed history - a history of gynecological diseases, births, the last menstrual period, allergic to iodine, bleeding disorders.
Assessment of test
Construction, clarity, color epithelium, drawing the blood vessels.
There are four groups of colposcopy:
• correct colposcopic images (Group 1)
• abnormal colposcopic images (Group 2)
• unclear colposcopic images (group 3)
• other colposcopic images (group 4)
Indications and possibilities
Colposcopy is an established method (according to the Polish Gynecological Society), verification of abnormal cytology (LSIL, HSIL, ASC, ASC-US):
1. Detection of precancerous lesions of the cervix - it is possible
to detect approximately 60-80% of benign lesions, without posing a risk of dysplasia or cancer.
2. Detection of early cancer of the cervix (CIN III - curable stage). The sensitivity in detecting precancerous lesions and early cervical cancer is 81-97% (in combination with cytological and histological examination to 100%).
3. Slices suspicious lesions before elective surgery (the extent of
the surgery, the definition of completeness to remove the changes), it is also possible to identify the pathogen - bacteria, trichomonas and fungi (yeast), herpes virus, human papilloma virus.
Adenocarcinoma adenoma anatomy bleeding cancer colon colonoscopy duodenum echocardiography emr endoscopy ent images esophagus for dental students for dentists gastroscopy GIST hernia Histopathology hysterectomy laparoscopy polyp polypectomy rectum robotic surgery stomach surgical video case TUMOR ulcer varices
Number of results
Vulva 22 Years Vin 2 Condyloma Treatment
views: 8684 comments: 0
22 years old vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN 2). I share the diagnostic process and local treatment, vulvo perineal, with Aldara from the beginning to its resolution
Colposcopy of Vagina
views: 22013 comments: 3
The video presents colposcopy of vagina. High grade abnormal colposcopic findings are shown: vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VAIN), primary vaginal cancer, local recurrence of cervical cancer, and...
Colposcopy - Cervicitis, Symptom 'Dew Drops'
views: 8079 comments: 0
Pleural inflammation occurring after a certain time in the glandular epithelium. At 6 o'clock - mosaic.
Number of results