Hand High-Pressure Injection Injury
Rate: N/A 5 0
Please sign in to rate material
This video shows the condition of high pressure injection injury to the hand due to misuse of high pressure paint or grease guns. Hi-pressure injection injury typically occur to the index finger or the palm of the hand from lack of experience or misuse of paint spray guns or grease guns. These kind if injury require prompt surgical intervention with surgical debridement of all ischemic tissue. It is important to remember that the enter wound may indicate that the injury is smaller that it really is. The paint in the wound may cause immediate tissue necrosis. The material is usually accidentally injected into the non dominant hand. Urgent treatment is necessary to save the limb. The video contains explanation and prognosis of such an injury. university of toledo medical center orthopedics center
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dir. of the Teaching & Learning Resource Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Are you Health Professional?
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+15.000), photos, documents, e-courses
- Connect with peers - over 100.000 Healthcare Professionals from 180 countries
- Easy upload and share your own videos, photos, documents
- Create your professional profile and build personal recognition
- Stay up-to-date on innovative techniques, new treatments, guidelines, recent discoveries in your field of interest; regular notifications in your mailbox
This video is limited to doctors and other health professionals. Please visit other unrestricted part of MEDtube.