Diagnosis and Treatment of Monkeypox
a year ago
As July 26, the world has documented 19,188 cases of monkeypox, with 3,591 cases in the US alone, making the US the country with the most known infections amid the global outbreak. The WHO has declared monkeypox a public health emergency. Although this disease has been known for years, certain features suggest that we are facing a unique outbreak of monkeypox with the potential for worldwide spreading.
In this special podcast edition of Editors in Conversation we will discuss the diagnosis and treatment of monkeypox with experts in the field who have dealt with significant number of cases in the US.
• The significance of the monkeypox outbreak
• The approach for the diagnosis of monkeypox
• The treatment approaches and prevention tools for monkeypox
This special episode is brought to you by Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy journals.
- Cesar A. Arias, Editor in Chief of AAC,
- Dr. Elli Theel, Editor of JCM
This podcast is supported by the American Society for Microbiology, which publishes both JCM and AAC.