Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors - Esophageal GIST
Please sign in to rate material
Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) of the esophagus are rare, comprising only about 1% of reported GISTs Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are the most common sarcoma of the gastrointestinal tract, but occur rarely in the esophagus. A 45 year-old male, physician, previously asintomatic, a giant GIST was found at the level of the middle third. Hypomotility of the distal esophagus, hiatal hernias and GERD are common findings. Therefore, evaluation for GERD should be considered before and after surgery for esophageal GIST.
Tokyo Medical University Hospital
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
All the MEDtube content is available free of charge to Healthcare Professionals after registration.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers to its community:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+11.000), photos, documents and training courses
- Connection with peers - other Healthcare Professionals from around the world
- Easy upload and sharing your own videos (including HD), photos, documents
- Building your personal recognition
- Staying up-to-date on innovative techniques, new technologies, recent discoveries in your field of interest, regular notifications in your mailbox