Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors - Esophageal GIST
Rate: N/A 5 0
Please sign in to rate material
Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) of the esophagus are rare, comprising only about 1% of reported GISTs Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are the most common sarcoma of the gastrointestinal tract, but occur rarely in the esophagus. A 45 year-old male, physician, previously asintomatic, a giant GIST was found at the level of the middle third. Hypomotility of the distal esophagus, hiatal hernias and GERD are common findings. Therefore, evaluation for GERD should be considered before and after surgery for esophageal GIST.
Tokyo Medical University Hospital
Are you Health Professional?
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+13.000), photos, documents, courses
- Connect with peers - over 70.000 Healthcare Professionals from 180 countries
- Easy upload and share your own videos, photos, documents
- Create your professional profile and build personal recognition
- Stay up-to-date on innovative techniques, new treatments, guidelines, recent discoveries in your field of interest; regular notifications in your mailbox