Flexor Tendon Injuries
4 months ago
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- The session focused on flexor tendon injuries from an FRCS perspective.
- The anatomy of flexor tendons and the pulley system were discussed.
- Flexor tendon injuries were divided into different zones based on their location.
- The presentation emphasized the importance of assessing the resting position, digital cascade, range of motion, and neurovascular status in diagnosing flexor tendon injuries.
- Treatment options were discussed, including repair techniques for partial and complete lacerations, as well as reconstruction options. Complications and rehabilitation protocols were also mentioned.
This teaching video is specifically helpful for candidates preparing for the following Orthopaedic Exams : FRCS , European Board (FEBOT) , SICOT Diploma and Arabic Boards