Atrial Septum Aneurysm
Rate: N/A 5 0
Please sign in to rate material
Atrial Septum Aneurysm (ASA) is a congenital cardiac abnormality that is characterised by saccular formation of the interatrial septum. Redundant atrial septal tissue results in bulging of the septum into either or both atria during the cardiac cycle. Atrial septal aneurysm is clinically significant because of its association with cryptogenic stroke especially when there is a concurrent PFO (patent foramen ovale).
Are you Health Professional?
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+15.000), photos, documents, e-courses
- Connect with peers - over 100.000 Healthcare Professionals from 180 countries
- Easy upload and share your own videos, photos, documents
- Create your professional profile and build personal recognition
- Stay up-to-date on innovative techniques, new treatments, guidelines, recent discoveries in your field of interest; regular notifications in your mailbox
This video is limited to doctors and other health professionals. Please visit other unrestricted part of MEDtube.