AAOA Annual Meeting 2020 - Virtual
In light of the COVID19 pandemic and unprecedented impact, your Board of Directors and AAOA staff recognize the safest option is to host the meeting virtually. We look forward to your participation in this premiere member benefit (remember: the meeting is part of your overall member benefits package and does not have any additional registration fees for members).
Building on the strong, innovative program planned for Scottsdale, our Education Committee, Leadership, and staff are committed to hosting a fabulous virtual meeting that incorporates the cutting-edge science and practice management content, as well as new content in response to healthcare changes as a result of COVID. 100% virtual allows you to engage in learning and networking without taking time from your practice and allows us to take advantage of the novel approaches to adult education afforded by this platform.
Please bear with us as we work out the logistics and details. We look forward to bringing the AAOA together for a safe and productive experience in this challenging environment.
Date & Location
Friday, October 23, 2020, 8:00 AM - Sunday, October 25, 2020, 3:00 PM, Online, Onine, VA
The 2020 AAOA Annual Meeting offers general sessions discussing basic and clinical research, as well as workshops, instruction courses, topical discussions, and panels focusing on the diagnosis and management of allergy, inflammatory disease of the respiratory tract, immunology, rhinology, biologics, and the practical aspects of incorporating allergy patient care into an otolaryngology practice.
The Annual Meeting is structured for otolaryngologists integrating more allergy assessment and management into their practice, AAOA members providing specialized allergy care who need to remain current with literature-based evidence and practice trends, residents, PA/NPs who work in otolaryngology, and allied health staff who support their physicians in the management of allergic patients. The Annual Meeting offers face-to-face opportunities with the faculty to discuss nuances and answer questions.
The AAOA CME program centers around clinical issues related to the care of allergy/immunology and inflammatory diseases of the airways and systems related to the head and neck.
The Annual Meeting focuses on:
- Immunotherapy (SCIT and SLIT)
- Diagnosis and management of allergy
- Practical rhinology
- Basic principles of allergy
- Instruction courses focusing on a variety of topics such as gastroesophageal disorders, immunology, stinging insects, allergy emergencies and anaphylaxis, sleep disorders, and setting up an allergy practice
- Current research highlighting advances in clinical and basic science
- Business of Medicine programming, focusing on the day-to-day issues that all Otolaryngologists face. Sessions are designed to help solving challenges affecting any practice
- USP 797 Compliance Training and Media Fill Test Workshop