Multiple Foreign bodies in the GI tract (8 of 12)
Please sign in to rate material
Children account for about 80% of cases of ingested
foreign bodies and tend to ingest coins, toys, and other
small objects left within their reach. Adult patients at
highest risk include psychiatric patients, prisoners, those
with impaired mental status or intoxication, those with
underlying esophageal abnormalities such as strictures,
and denture wearers, who have reduced sensation of the
palate. Adults most commonly have trouble with boluses of
meat and animal bones, although psychiatric patients and
prisoners may intentionally ingest unusual objects such as
razor blades or open safety pins.
Tokyo Medical University Hospital
Are you Health Professional?
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+13.000), photos, documents, courses
- Connect with peers - over 70.000 Healthcare Professionals from 180 countries
- Easy upload and share your own videos, photos, documents
- Create your professional profile and build personal recognition
- Stay up-to-date on innovative techniques, new treatments, guidelines, recent discoveries in your field of interest; regular notifications in your mailbox