Multiple Foreign bodies in the GI tract (8 of 12)
Please sign in to rate material
Children account for about 80% of cases of ingested
foreign bodies and tend to ingest coins, toys, and other
small objects left within their reach. Adult patients at
highest risk include psychiatric patients, prisoners, those
with impaired mental status or intoxication, those with
underlying esophageal abnormalities such as strictures,
and denture wearers, who have reduced sensation of the
palate. Adults most commonly have trouble with boluses of
meat and animal bones, although psychiatric patients and
prisoners may intentionally ingest unusual objects such as
razor blades or open safety pins.
Tokyo Medical University Hospital
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
All the MEDtube content is available free of charge to Healthcare Professionals after registration.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+13.000), photos, documents and training courses
- Connection with peers - 50.000 other Healthcare Professionals from 230 countries
- Easy upload and sharing your own videos (including HD), photos, documents
- Building your personal recognition
- Staying up-to-date on innovative techniques, new technologies, recent discoveries in your field of interest, regular notifications in your mailbox