Internal Jugular Vein Ligation
Please sign in to rate material
This film presents ligation of right internal jugular vein. This is an important therapy step in radical neck dissection for oncological searching for metastatic head and neck cancer.The vein is ligated by 3 separate suture, after stitches it was cut closer to the lower 2 ligatures. Nodes were attached tightly to protect it doesn't slip post surgery; in another case enormous haemorrhage may appear.
International Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
All the MEDtube content is available free of charge to Healthcare Professionals after registration.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+13.000), photos, documents and training courses
- Connection with peers - 50.000 other Healthcare Professionals from 230 countries
- Easy upload and sharing your own videos (including HD), photos, documents
- Building your personal recognition
- Staying up-to-date on innovative techniques, new technologies, recent discoveries in your field of interest, regular notifications in your mailbox