Cervical Intramedullary Astrocytoma - Posterior Approach
Please sign in to rate material
Primary neoplasm of astrocytic origin within spinal cord. IA is the most common intramedullary spinal cord tumor outside the filum terminale (30%) Uncommon in first year. Peak: 3rd -- 5th decade. Male : Female = 1,5 : 1. The ratio of benign : malignant = 3 : 1 in all ages. 80-90% are low grade (fibrillary or pilocytic). 10-15% are high grade (anaplastic or GB).
Register, join MEDtube for unlimited access.
All the MEDtube content is available free of charge to Healthcare Professionals after registration.
Get all the benefits that MEDtube platform offers to its community:
- Unlimited access to the largest online repository of professional medical videos (+11.000), photos, documents and training courses
- Connection with peers - other Healthcare Professionals from around the world
- Easy upload and sharing your own videos (including HD), photos, documents
- Building your personal recognition
- Staying up-to-date on innovative techniques, new technologies, recent discoveries in your field of interest, regular notifications in your mailbox